Rebranding your company can be challenging, because it is a task that involves much more than just deciding on a new name, colour or new mood board.
It’s more about the rebirth of the brand. It is about shedding not only outdated and but failed aspects of your brand and dramatically re-thinking how to better position your products and services within your target audiences reach.
As social media becomes not only an increasingly integrated, but an integral aspect of any business’s overall marketing strategy, it is vital to ensure that when you begin rebranding, all of your social media transitions to your new brand.
Here are the most important aspects to keep in mind in order to effectively rebrand your social media of your business when it is the time to do so:
- Try to identify and solve your potential pitfalls before you go live with your rebranding
- Although it may seem like something that will set you back, you should give your social media team a seat at your rebranding table
- This may seem trivial, but it will help you hedge your bets; you should give your brand watchers a sneak preview of your new brand
- Ensure you engage your social media audience at every turn
- Turn your company’s employees into your rebranding advocates
- Listen to rebranding feedback from your customers on social media.
Social media oftentimes gives companies a rich, multi-layered platform from which to showcase and promote their rebranding efforts.
To fully take advantage of the power of social media after a rebranding effort, it’s important to remember the following. Strategize and plan out your pitfalls and even your opportunities in advance, promote your rebranding with your social media audience, get all of your employees involved in your rebranding effort and listen very closely to the feedback you get on social media.
Hope you found this information interesting. Thank you for tuning in!