MOFu content is most often distributed through email marketing, also known as marketing automation or lead nurturing. How can you help your customers move through the sales process?
So, as we have mentioned in our previous blog, the goal for the top of the marketing funnel is to make prospects aware of the problem and the solution you offer. However, the goal at the middle of the funnel is to concert “problem aware” and “solution aware” prospects into leads. What you need to do is grow your mailing list and gain more leads at this point. You can add a “subscribe” option to get peoples contact information and send them future marketing emails in exchange for valuable content. These are called gated offers.
Gated offers are usually in the form of one of the following:
Educational offers often exist in forms of free reports, white papers, webinar training, sales material and primary research. This type of content usually educates consumers on specific topics which are related to your brand and highlights certain solutions you offer. An educational resource can also include professional tips and must be of high quality, or the customer might end up feeling cheated. Always remember that the point of MOFU is to help people evaluate your company and entice them to make a purchase.
The following tools could be used:
- Handouts – something given freely or distributed free to those in need;
- Resource lists – a list of recommended online resources, tools and examples;
- Software – systems designed to optimize the way leads are converted;
- Templates – a form or pattern used as a guide to making or doing something;
- Surveys – used to investigate the characteristics, behaviors or opinions;
- Assessments – analysis of environment, trends, entry barriers, competition;
- Discount clubs – selling products or services to customers at lower prices;
- Quizzes – asking leads about their preferences to better segment; and more.
You should be aiming to educate your prospects and save them time with useful resources, an e-book for instance would take some time to read, so it is a questionable useful resource. These resources should be easy to consume. If a company is selling vegetables, it could add a cheat sheet where consumers would be able to see, what seasons during the year certain plantations ripe.
Alongside a gated offer, one should also create a dedicated landing page, such as the one made by Lyft. Drive all your traffic from social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) to that landing page. A good, dedicated landing page does magic.
In summary, the goal of MOFU is to convert prospects who were unaware of your product or service into people who might end up buying it. Unfortunately, leads can not be deposited in the bank, to generate revenue you need content that will assist your prospects make decisions at the point of sale.
Hope you found this information interesting. Thank you for tuning in.