Digital marketing was given many definitions, one of the first ones was as a projection of conventional marketing tools and strategies on the internet.
But this is not entirely true, since the digital world has fostered the development of channels, formats and tactics that led to the development of tools and strategies which are unthinkable for offline use. Nowadays, digital marketing is a standalone phenomenon, which brings together customization and distribution to accomplish specific marketing goals of a business.
The advancement of technology and more regular use of devices such as smartphones, laptops etc., has made a huge impact on the way we approach marketing on the Internet. Boundaries were pushed towards a new concept of digital marketing which is more user-centered, measurable, ubiquitous and interactive. Major firms are always using platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc., in order to interact with their customers around the globe and have the opportunity to present their product in a fast and efficient manner.
Newly formed marketing strategies in the digital world offer a lot of potential for businesses such as:
- Branding: Building brand image on platforms like Instagram and Facebook is a great opportunity to show off your brand and build a strong picture of who you are and what you stand for to the public.
- Comfort: The possibility to share product information or offers via links, allows the consumer to approach your products in a more comfortable and faster way.
- Interactivity: Organizations usually try to forget long-term relationships with their clients. When customers can talk to a company’s representative via chat, shows that the company has a good image and cares about their customers concerns. Moreover, visual communication is another way to reach out to audiences, which shows a strong image of your company and can lead to greater engagement and brand loyalty.
- Relevant advertising: You can easily segment and customize your advertising campaigns on the Internet in order to maximize output.
- Community connections: Another big advantage of the Internet is the ability of the organization to connect potential customers and users of your product among themselves, which can improve customer experience and enhance the relationship with the product and brand.
- Virality: Virality is basically the word of mouth of the Internet. It is very easy to share material on the internet, so in case you make a viral post on a certain platform, you are going to have a good time seeing your views and likes increase, which potentially leads to more clients.
- Measuring success: A great thing about online platform is that they allow you to measure your success using special tools.
Being present on the internet requires a strategy with concrete goals which are relative to your brand or image. Without proper planning, not only can a business lose its opportunity to shine but can also make a negative impact on their brand.