As the title suggests, the sales page is there to persuade a visitor to make a purchase. They can come in many forms, but there are mainly two types of sales pages.
A sales letter is used to sell services, information, and even physical products. As you may have seen, text and video pitches aiming to sell a product, have been going on for many years now. Sales letters are usually very long, since the person reading the letter is deciding to make a purchase, it should convey a lot of information to the perspective buyer. The sales letter should focus on explaining why the product provides value, as well as answer all the questions a buyer may have.
Product detail page
This type of page is used strictly in the e-commerce business. You can consider this as the landing page for someone who is selling mostly physical products to people. Most of you have probably stumbled upon a product detail page if you have ever purchased anything from the internet.
The product detail page should include the following for it to be effective:
- Product name which is descriptive and specific about what is being offered.
- Add to cart button which is easy to find.
- The price of the product, so that the customer has an idea on how much they have to spend.
- Images of the product, which are of high quality and detail.
- Description of the product which includes the overview, details, and dimensions of the product.
- The option to chose how many pieces of the product you need.
- Reviews of the product.
- The option to move the product to your wish list for a later purchase.
- Social media links by which a visitor could share the product page on social sites.
- Information on shipping, where the visitor can read about shipping times and shipping policy.
- Product videos are not a necessity, but they sure do add more trust to your offer.
- Additional products that the visitor might be potentially interested in, usually in the form of “People who viewed this item, also bought.”
These are the two main types of sales pages. Here we discuss the very basic aspects. You can read in more detail, how to write a sales letter and the in-depth discussion of how to create an incredible product detail page which will lure your clients into buying a product from your website.