At one point a company also decides whether it wants to emphasize attracting new customers or retaining and growing existing ones. Maybe it’s a balance of two, or maybe one must dominate.
It’s a different challenge to market to new customers as opposed to working with existing clients. A company has to decide which goal is important. Some of the most effective ways to bring in customers are listed below:
1. Referrals. Some customers may help sell your products through word of mouth.
2. Professional meetings. This has to do with making contacts and always being visible in the right professional venues. It is a very powerful way to build your business.
3. Advertising. Consistent and frequent advertising will sell the product. Key words: consistent and frequent, be it in print, on the radio or TV, outdoors or web.
4. Sales calls. Salespeople… they sell products. Start making calls or hire a team which will do it for you.
5. Location. One of the most basic formulas for marketing success. Location on the web and in the real world is equally important.
6. Product demonstration. A good product will sell itself. So why not show off your product with free samples?
Your business might have a different formula, but these work very well and are worth trying. It is a good idea to chose one or two of the methods mentioned above and utilize them in your company. And keep using the method you find most effective for your company. Ask yourself “what’s my best way to attract customers, and how do I focus my marketing program to take full advantage?” With the right persistence and attitude, you will work out a formula for yourself which brings in clientele. As soon as you do that, the maximum you will have to do is make minor changes yearly to keep the program in good shape.
It is possible to divide your marketing program into four tiers: Major impact, secondary impact, minor impact and money loser. Major impacts represent the most effective activities whereas money loser represents the least effective activities. Try to shift your resources into the higher-impact marketing activities. Your program should ideally fit the pyramid shown below with a clear distinction between certain activities.
The next step would be to define your marketing program and find your influence points. It will guide you towards understanding your customer and increasing your sales. Hope you found this information interesting. Thank you for tuning in.
Hope you found this information interesting, if you have enjoyed the article you can click the hamburger in the left sidebar and share it on different media. Thank you for tuning in.